[reportlab-users] A6 to A4

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Apr 27 09:25:42 EDT 2006

The canvas is probably the wrong tool, but are you aware of Form Xobjects?

You can run in a loop 52 times to create named "form objects" using beginForm....endForm at the beginning of the program, and end up with cards which can be drawn later using e.g. canvas.doForm("ace-of-spades"). Also, you can translate/rotate/scale before each time you draw a card.

Hope this helps,

Andy