[reportlab-users] adobe printing problem

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Apr 20 13:56:37 EDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:44:17 -0700, "Japhet Stevens"
<japhet_s at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm having trouble getting a reciept to print correctly from Adobe Reader.
>
>The printer i'm using is a futurePRNT recept printer with paper that is 72mm
>wide.  I set up the printer so that Adobe prints in this 72mm wide by
>default, however there is always an approximately 5 cm margin at the top.

Do you really mean 5 cm, as in 2 full inches?

>This margin does not appear in the document itself.  The document was
>created with all margins set to zero.  When viewing the document, the text
>begins right at the very top of the page as it should.  It is only when the
>document is printed that the margin appears.
>
>I'm using reportlab to create the pdf (here's the code if it helps:
>http://pastebin.sekati.com/?id=Anonymous@741c0-66ea9bd3-t)
>
>I get a pdf generated and I am fairly happy with the results, but I was
>interesting in seeing if any of you have encountered this problem with
>smaller paper sizes and if you know what to do.

When you print from Acrobat, in the Print Dialog, double-check to make
SURE that Page Scaling is set to None, and Auto Rotate and Center is
turned off.  Nothing screws up label printing more thatn Acrobat's
helpful auto-scaling.

Their web site says the printer itself has an 11 mm top margin, so you
can't tune it down to 0, but you should be able to do better than 5 cm.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.