[reportlab-users] Re: Damaged pdf file in release mode Compile

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Wed Apr 19 03:53:43 EDT 2006

> Thomas Zehbe wrote:
>
> I mean file streams not the PDF stream objects. If opened as
> text then we get
> problems because '\n' becomes '\r\n' so the lengths etc go
> wrong. If you're just
> using BaseDoctemplate then the filename only is used and the
> canvas should open
> it properly in its save method.

Thomas,

I don't know if this is of any relevance to your problem,
but somewhere in the mists of my memories I think I once
read about compiling Python (on another platform, though)
that compiler optimizations can result in wrong code.

Perhaps you should (as a first effort) disable all optimizations
in your release build, check if the program is working, and then
- step by step - enable the differenz optimizer options again.

Just my 0,02 EUR
Henning