[reportlab-users] How to split table that is too wide

Markus Meyer meyer at mesw.de
Mon Sep 5 11:11:43 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

the user guide tells on page 71 about tables, that "for very wide
tables, they can also split 'by column'. You can choose whether tou want
to split down-and-across or across-and-down". However, I don't see
anywhere how this functionality is activated. I have tried to set the
"splitByRow" parameter to the Table constructor, or set the "canSplit"
attribute of the instance to 1, but the table is still centered on the
page, with the left and right part cut off. Anyone knows how I could
activate this feature?

Btw, this is ReportLab 1.20, on both Windows and Linux; sample code is
attached.

Thanks in advance.

Markus