[reportlab-users] searching some fonts for use with ReportLab...

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sun Oct 23 17:16:32 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm currently playing a bit with my daughter, a Python, and the
ReportLab toolkit, trying to... automate the making of stupid
punishments like : write 200 times "I won't talk on the phone while
I'm in the classroom" or things like that.

An example screenshot :

        http://www.librelogiciel.com/joke.png

This is just for joking, but I'll make the source available in a few
days if some people want to play with it.

We are currently searching for a small set of fonts which :

  - look like they are handwritten

  - work fine with ReportLab (most of the stuff I've downloaded
    so far breaks in registerFont)

  - supports the accented characters used in western Europe
    (the stuff I've downloaded and which can be registered
     in RL, doesn't support these characters)

Thanks in advance for any help

Jerome Alet