[reportlab-users] Table width question

Mauricio Tellez mauricio.tellez at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 11:34:59 EDT 2005

On 10/22/05, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

> Mauricio Tellez wrote:
> > Hi, I made a report to show some database rows, each page has a header
> and a
> > footnote, and beetwen I have a Table object showing the result of the
> query.
> > The problem I have is that the cell

Sorry, here I mean table instead of cell

 do not fill all the space in the page, I
> > mean, there is a gap of 2 inch aprox. beetwen the last row of the table
> and
> > the end of the page. I think the margin of the page is ok, because my
> > footnote is below the table, of course, the footer is made with
> > canvas.drawString(), and the table is with story.append(myTable). Any
> clue?
> Not exactly sure I get the picture. Normally we either fix the row sizes
> or they are automatically calculated to be large enough to contain the
> height of the contents. Do you require expanding rows? Layout on paper
> isn't like browser layout as paper has a fixed size.

The height of the row isn't a problem, I just want more table's rows per
page, and I have a lot of white space beetween the last row of each page and
the page border, so maybe I should ask: how do I set the table's size per
page? Thanks.

--
> Robin Becker

Mauricio Tellez