[reportlab-users] Image generation with japanese/chinese characters

Satish Kalipatnapu Satish.Kalipatnapu at CipherTrust.com
Tue Oct 18 10:31:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I could create reportlab PDF reports with japanese characters in it.
But I'm unable to generate the corresponding images(PNG). Here is the
error,

  File "/..../reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line 207, in _setFont
    raise RenderPMError, "Can't setFont(%s) missing the T1
files?\nOriginally %s: %s" % (fontName,s1,s2)
reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't
setFont(HeiseiMin-W3-UniJIS-UCS2-H) missing the T1 files?
Originally exceptions.AttributeError: CIDEncoding instance has no
attribute 'vector'

The above error suggests that the T1 fonts are not found. After
searching for all available T1-fonts (*.pfb) on my system (FreeBSD), and
including them in the path 'T1SearchPath' in rl_config.py, I still have
the same error. It seems like Type 1 Japanese fonts are not available on
my system.

How to go about getting the T1-Fonts (and hopefully get past the error
above). Did not find any such downloads Googling. I appreciate any help
on this.

Thanks,
Satish

CipherTrust Products have been nominated!  Please Vote in the SC
Magazine Awards.

IronMail Gateway - Best E-Mail Security

=2&Prod_ID=122">Click here to vote for CipherTrust</a></p>

IronMail Gateway -  Best Anti-Spam

=2&Prod_ID=87">Click here to vote for CipherTrust</a></p>