[reportlab-users] Can't find .pfb for face 'Times-Roman'

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue May 31 18:17:31 EDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 00:55:55 +0200, Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:

>>I have googled aroound and it seems that I am missing the
>>'Times-Roman' file '_er_____.pfb'.
>>
>>I have downloaded the latest version of Acrobat (7.01) but the file is
>>not in it's font path. Neither was it in the old 6.0 path. Or anywhere
>>else on my c: drive.
>>
>>I cannot find the '_er_____.pfb' file on adobe.com, or anywhere else
>>on the web for that matter.
>>
>>So I wonder if there is a workaround... to use another default font,
>>to set the font directly or where to download it from?

This was included with the Acrobat reader up through version 5.  After
that, they switched to some other, less friendly, method to store the fonts.

>It's an odd situation that I cannot use the package because I cannot
>find a font file that it depends on. Am I really the only one with the
>problem?

Many of us have been using PDF files for a long time, and probably had
Acrobat 4, 5, 6 and 7 installed.  I suspect this problem will become
more common as PDF newcomers come on board, but Andy has a ready answer
for them.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.