[reportlab-users] TrueType fonts and text justification -- solved

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue May 31 05:20:27 EDT 2005

Robin Becker wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
> ....Thanks Marius, seems like a good solution. However, I cannot get the
> patch to apply to standard test_pdfbase_encodings, but it might apply to
> the so called version2 branch.
>
> Since we've left the CVS repository behind the CVS version 1.8 isn't
> much use.

I am seeing this error with the patched python21-stable branch version

ERROR: Test that TTFont can be used for different documents at the same time
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\code\reportlab\test\test_pdfbase_ttfonts.py", line 326, in
testParallelConstruction
     self.assertEquals(font.splitString(u'\u0410\u0411', doc1),
   File "c:\code\reportlab\pdfbase\ttfonts.py", line 982, in splitString
     for code in parse_utf8(text):
   File "c:\code\reportlab\pdfbase\ttfonts.py", line 80, in <lambda>
     parse_utf8=lambda x, decode=utf_8_decode: map(ord,decode(x)[0])
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-1:
ordinal not in range(128)