[reportlab-users] newby: is importing eps possible?

Giuseppe Bonelli giuseppe.bonelli at tiscali.it
Mon May 23 18:02:15 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 andy at reportlab.com wrote:

> There is a contributed barcode module for ReportLab.
>
>   http://www.reportlab.org/ftp/extensions/
>  rlbarcode-0.9.2.zip
>      or .tgz
>
> Why not use this to generate them inline in the PDF?
>
> Hope this helps,
It helps a lot, thanks, but ...

... I need to generate bar codes following the ean standard (wich is in
widespread use in the book industry and is based on ISBN plus other data).

I currently use a modified version of the bookland.py
(http://www.cgpp.com/bookland) script to generate my bar codes,
but maybe I can write a new extension class with the interface excpected
by the barcode reportlab extension.

Is there any docs from where I can get started (apart reading the code
...:-))?

Assuming this is feasable, I'will then just have to use standard
pdfgen/platipus calls to embed the bar codes in the generated pdfs?

Any problem with pdfs 20-30 pages long on a two columns layout with
about 30 barcodes/page?

Thanks again,
__peppo

PS: if someone is curious, I am trying to automate a procedure now done
largely by hand using QuarkXpress.