[reportlab-users] newby: is importing eps possible?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon May 23 14:14:02 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 04:10:05 -0700, <andy at reportlab.com> wrote:

>>> So my question: is there any way to embed eps files in pdfs generated by pdfgen/platipus?
>>

>No.  You would need to use an external application to preprocess
>them to a bitmap.

I've often wondered why that was so.  EPS and PDF are natural cousins; a
PDF is little more than an EPS with a bit of additional wrapping.  It
should be possible to embed an EPS without much more than a transform
matrix to set the scale.

Of course, if I think it's so simple, why don't I just go do it?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.