[reportlab-users] pdf page shrinkage

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at xerox.com
Tue Mar 29 13:46:36 EST 2005

Here is the simple code I wrote.

	from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
	from reportlab.lib.units import inch
	from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter
	c = canvas.Canvas("print.pdf", pagesize = letter)
	c.line(inch,8*inch,8*inch,8*inch)
	c.line(inch,7*inch,8*inch,7*inch)
	c.showPage()
	c.save()

	this program is to create a pdf file in which I draw two lines
and
	there is one inch between the lines,but it seems the distance
between
	them is less than one inch when I measure it after printing out
. Is there
	anyway to solve this problem?

What program are you using to print out the PDF?

Is it possible that the program has a option to SCALE TO PAGE or to a
percentage?
I believe that Acrobat Reader has that turned on by default.....

That maybe affecting your output...

        - Benjamin