[reportlab-users] pdf page shrinkage

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Mar 28 13:01:36 EST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:43:38 -0800 (PST), Linda Gao
<linda_y_gao at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am new user of reportlab. I have a question about pdf shrinkage. When I create textobjects to draw text in the passed positions. The size seems smaller than it should be. Any one have some idea about this? thank you in advance!

How are you making that judgement?  Smaller, compared to what?  Post an
example of your code that we can run, tell us what you were expecting,
and we can probably explain what you are seeing.

Remember that the individual characters in a 12-point font are NOT 1/6th
of an inch tall.  There is space above and below to allow for ascenders,
descenders, and underlines, as well as providing a little white space
separation on the screen.

- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.