[reportlab-users] compiling _renderPM

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Mar 17 13:30:19 EST 2005

Webmaster wrote:
> Python 2.4 (#3, Jan  8 2005, 17:13:28)
> [GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-5)] on linux2

> False
>
> I have PIL 1.1.5 and manage to use TTF Font from there
> I have no idea how to set this ft_get_face thing, it seems to rely on
> pdfmetrics _fonts attribute (which is set)
> I tried to tweak the path for lib and include in setup.py with no success
> I'm quite lost

.... It is probably an issue with the compile of _renderPM.c, probably the
setup.py script should issue warnings when it's unable to find the ft lib and
should probably check in more 'likely' places.

Try editing the setup.py script to point the FT_LIB variable at a suitable library.

I'm fairly sure that the windows version uses a static lib ie not a dll, but you
might have luck with a shared lib.