[reportlab-users] compiling _renderPM

Webmaster webmaster at expertancy.com
Thu Mar 17 11:02:19 EST 2005

> > TT Fonts are in dirs declared in rl_config.py
> >
> > tried to run renderPM like a test of testshapes.py I understood
> > renderPM checks _renderPM.do for ft_get_face to run test13
> > demonstrating TT usage. I can't manage to have this test run.
> >

>  have you tried hand simulating the check
>
>  ie
>
>  import _renderPM print hasattr(_renderPM,'ft_get_face')

thanks for the idea, I hadn't

Python 2.4 (#3, Jan  8 2005, 17:13:28)
[GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-5)] on linux2

> >> import _renderPM print hasattr(_renderPM, 'ft_get_face')

False

I have PIL 1.1.5 and manage to use TTF Font from there
I have no idea how to set this ft_get_face thing, it seems to rely on
pdfmetrics _fonts attribute (which is set)
I tried to tweak the path for lib and include in setup.py with no success
I'm quite lost