[reportlab-users] frame overflow and hypenation

Patrick Lawrence - Reportlab Lists DwWSBmrwsPYJVQkKhwNv at patsoffice.com
Mon Mar 7 19:31:46 EST 2005

Hello,

>From my reading of the documentation, it sounds like it's possible to
catch an overflow of a frame and take some action.

I'm setting up a script to make a cookbook for my wife and what I'd like
to do is keep the recipe on one page.  To do this, I need to know if the
frame that contains the ingredient list and directions overflows (both
the ingredient list and directions have their own paragraph style.)  If
there is an overflow, ideally I'd like to modify the spacing and/or the
font size until the paragraphs render into the frame without
overflowing.

Is this possible?  Are there any examples that do this (at least catch
the overflow and do something)?

It looked like in the mailing list archive there was some action on
hyphenation in 2003 but there isn't anything in the current code or
documentation from what I saw.  Is there any status on this or something
I'm missing?

Thanks a lot in advance and thanks a lot for Reportlab.  It's pretty
darn impressive.

Regards,

Pat
--