[reportlab-users] Forcing URL's to load PDF's into Acrobat

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Mar 3 10:57:59 EST 2005

andrew mercer wrote:
> Robin,

> Only just been able to try this out.
>
> It does just what I require - thanks.
>
> When convenient if you could allow the Urls to be underlined (see my
> earlier posting(s)) it would help some end users who seem to need that
> to know they are looking at a clickable link. :)
>
> Thanks again for your quick response.
>
> Andrew

underlining depends on what is drawing the string; the linURL thing only sets up
the annotation to do the action. If the text is drawn by a paragraph then you
can do underlining quite reasonably. If it is a canvas string drawing method
then I think you need to handle the underlining yourself.

Unfortunately I don't think the text objects that are used to do more general
string output for lowlevel canvasses know enough to do this.