[reportlab-users] Cannot execute runAll.py

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 22 05:01:30 EDT 2005

Amit wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Here is the output after executing sudo python runAll.py:
>
> bash$ sudo python runAll.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "runAll.py", line 65, in ?
>     main()
>   File "runAll.py", line 55, in main
>     testSuite = makeSuite(folder,nonImportable=NI,pattern=pattern+(not
> haveSRC and 'c' or ''))
>   File "runAll.py", line 17, in makeSuite
>     for filename in GlobDirectoryWalker(folder, pattern):
>   File "/sw/lib/python2.4/reportlab/test/utils.py", line 98, in __init__
>     raise ValueError('"%s" is not a directory' % directory)
> ValueError: "" is not a directory
> bash$
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Amit, I think this is a bug in the startup code of runAll.py; we try to locate
the folder containing the testfiles. It seems to be coming out as the empty string.

A way round this is to ensure that runAll.py has a folder. Try executing

python `pwd`/runAll.py

If that works it will confirm the problem. Can you let me know what version of
python & reportlab you're using. I have tried to fix up the runAll script
before, but it seems I have failed to locate the test folder properly.