[reportlab-users] Cannot execute runAll.py

Amit amit.uttam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:10:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have started to use the reportlab toolkit and I have to say it is a
very nice tool. Python, in the same context is an amazing programming
language. I have learned quite a bit about reportlab and python during
these past couple of weeks. I have also started using reportlab to
code some of the reports that I plan to create.

Anyways the problem I had with reportlab that I wasn't able to figure
out is executing the runAll.py script. Interestingly if I run each
test_ script individually it works. I cannot seem to figure what the
problem is.

Here is the output after executing sudo python runAll.py:

bash$ sudo python runAll.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runAll.py", line 65, in ?
    main()
  File "runAll.py", line 55, in main
    testSuite = makeSuite(folder,nonImportable=NI,pattern=pattern+(not
haveSRC and 'c' or ''))
  File "runAll.py", line 17, in makeSuite
    for filename in GlobDirectoryWalker(folder, pattern):
  File "/sw/lib/python2.4/reportlab/test/utils.py", line 98, in __init__
    raise ValueError('"%s" is not a directory' % directory)
ValueError: "" is not a directory
bash$

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,