[reportlab-users] Can't find .pfb for face 'Times-Roman'

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Jun 1 15:11:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 07:42:56 +0100, "Andy Robinson" <andy at reportlab.com>
wrote:

>What's really needed is a suite of completely open source fonts,
>with accurate metrics and closely compatible with the 'standard 14',
>which we could bundle in.  If anyone has time to reseearch this
>it would be great.

Do we have any clue how they are handling this in Acrobat Reader 7?
They still have to have metrics files for the big 14 somewhere, but I
certainly couldn't find them.

I did find a couple of very nice Open Type fonts in the Reader 7.0
directory (Minion, Myriad, Adobe Pi) that I had not previously encountered.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.