[reportlab-users] How to convert word to pdf?

John Pywtorak jpywtora at calpoly.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:11:05 EDT 2005

Wei He wrote:
> Could anyone tell me how to convert ms word to pdf in reportlab?
>
> I can't find anything about this in user manual.
>
> Thanks!

This really is a somewhat difficult question to answer because reportlab
is an api.  The short answer is you would have to write a conversion
utility.  That conversion utility could be partially written with
reportlab, that is the pdf creation part, not the reading, and
interpreting the doc format.  Another solution as already mentioned is
openoffice and PyOpenOffice.  Since you are a Windows user using Outlook
for email, there is win32 sourceforge project PDFPrinter, or PDFWriter,
something like that which could also do it; However, it has nothing to
do with reportlab.

Can you rephrase your question if I missed what you were asking for?

Thanks
Johnny P
--
Windows