[reportlab-users] list reuse problem

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 14 05:08:13 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:
> I have a problem thats been discussed previously but i've never been
> able to resolve.
> for some reason i have this set of data that will NOT allow it's table
> to split over 2 pages. i do this in every other report automaticly, yet
> this stuborn SOB wont. i've even ripped my code down to the bare basic's
> and it still errors.
> line 192, in identity
>    cv = self._cellvalues
> AttributeError: Table instance has no attribute '_cellvalues'
>

> can any of the devs tell me what required for a table to split over a
> page ? i simply cannot fathom why this thing won't split. i've even
> printed the data to screen, cut and paste it into my function, and it
> worked!

the error reported is actually in the error handling code; it indicates that the
original error happened even before the _cellvalues were set up. We tried to fix
these problems recently and the current code contains these lines in the
identity method.

	nr = getattr(self,'_nrows','unknown')
	nc = getattr(self,'_ncols','unknown')
	cv = getattr(self,'_cellvalues',None)

ie we try to get reasonable values for these even when unset.