[reportlab-users] list reuse problem

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Wed Jul 13 19:56:48 EDT 2005

I have a problem thats been discussed previously but i've never been
able to resolve.
for some reason i have this set of data that will NOT allow it's table
to split over 2 pages. i do this in every other report automaticly, yet
this stuborn SOB wont. i've even ripped my code down to the bare basic's
and it still errors.

 File "/usr/home/timothy/Projects/PubWare/trunk/python/PaperWorkPDF.py",
line 95, in MakePDF
    doc.build(Report)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 801, in build
    BaseDocTemplate.build(self,flowables)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 631, in build
    self.handle_flowable(flowables)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 556, in handle_flowable
    S = self.frame.split(f,self.canv)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/frames.py",
line 152, in split
    r = flowable.split(self._aW, y-p-s)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
line 865, in split
    return self._splitRows(availHeight)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
line 849, in _splitRows
    splitByRow=splitByRow)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
line 150, in __init__
    raise ValueError, "%s data error - %d columns in data but %d in
grid" % (self.identity(),ncols, len(colWidths))
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/tables.py",
line 192, in identity
    cv = self._cellvalues
AttributeError: Table instance has no attribute '_cellvalues'

can any of the devs tell me what required for a table to split over a
page ? i simply cannot fathom why this thing won't split. i've even
printed the data to screen, cut and paste it into my function, and it
worked!