[reportlab-users] Windows Reportlab Problem

Chaitan_Rogers at bat.com Chaitan_Rogers at bat.com
Wed Feb 9 21:56:50 EST 2005

Hi,
    I've encountered a problem generating PDF files on windows with
reportlab..
    It seems that reportlab sometimes generates PDF files that are invalid
in some way.
    Acrobat gives the following error:

    "There was a problem opening this document.  The file is damaged and
could not be repaired."

    The same program produces perfectly valid PDF files on Linux (that I
can read from Windows).

    I tried  both the daily snapshot and the current stable release of
reportlab.

    It may also be worth noting I that I have sucessfully run the reportlab
"Hello World"
    program on windows and it *does* produce a valid PDF file.

    I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some pointers.

   Cheers,

               Chaitan