[reportlab-users] RE: Visual editor: what are the objectives?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 6 15:55:29 EST 2005

OK folks, we have 4 volunteers to do Qt, including the 1 who previously
volunteered to do wx.  That sounds good.

I suggest I create a project in subversion for this.  Because it might
have separate licensing, and/or others might fight back with other GUIs
or newer versions, I will make an 'rlguis/rl_qt_designer' project on
the trunk.  If it gets going usefully, we'll assist with testing,
packaging, and coding if time permits.

Rajeev, can I request you create a very simple 'Hello World' app
which says 'This will be the editor one day...', any brief notes
or instructions on what people need to run it, and whatever you
think is the right directory structure?  I will check this in on
the trunk.

What other resources do you want?  Wiki? A basic issue tracker
account (we have a great one for named users, but not the world)?
A separate mailing list (maybe later when the requirements are
clearer?)

- Andy