[reportlab-users] Re: Visual Editor: Licenses

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Tue Dec 6 03:24:07 EST 2005

Andy Robinson wrote:
> How would people feel if the existing code base stayed available as it
> was, but a new version came out under GPL with a lot more functionality?

For me, the licensing costs for actually USING
the generated python programs in a commercial environment
are essential, not so much the license costs for 2-3 developers
using a visual editor.

And for commercial applications, you cannot use a GPL'd RL version,
so it really depends on how much you'd have to pay for using the
commercial license.

Henning