[reportlab-users] windows platypus problem

Andrey Khavryuchenko akhavr at kds.com.ua
Fri Aug 26 12:42:59 EDT 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to use platypus to handle my pdf output using custom TTF fonts.
But the pdf I get is empty (nothing is shown).

The same script under linux (with font path adjusted) works flawlesly.

What I'm doing wrong?

Here's my script:

import copy
from cStringIO import StringIO
import reportlab
from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics
from reportlab.pdfbase.ttfonts import TTFont
from reportlab import platypus

pdfmetrics.registerFont(
    TTFont('Times',
           '/windows/fonts/times.ttf' ))

styles = reportlab.lib.styles.getSampleStyleSheet()

string = 'Test Nonsense'
para = platypus.Paragraph(string, styles["Normal"])

fp = StringIO()
doc_tmpl = platypus.BaseDocTemplate( fp, pagesize=(595,841),
                                     showBoundary=0,
                                     leftMargin=0.5,
                                     rightMargin=0.5,
                                     topMargin=0.5,
                                     bottomMargin=0.5,
                                     title="test document",
                                     author="Andrey V Khavryuchenko",
                                     allowSplitting=20)

frames = [ platypus.Frame(  x1=56.69,
                            y1=56.69,
                            width=482,
                            height=709 ) ]
page_templates = [ platypus.PageTemplate(frames=frames) ]
doc_tmpl.addPageTemplates(page_templates)

doc_tmpl.build([para])

open('t.pdf','w').write(fp.getvalue())

Thanks in advance!

--