[reportlab-users] Urgently Need "How to Print reports/documents in python"

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Apr 8 08:55:51 EDT 2005

tushar liladhar patil wrote:
>         I found the reportlab user group is too much useful and its a grate job!!!
>         I m Tushar Patil, Working in NGO called SVS Software. We are developing CBT (computer Based Training), by using python2.3.4,glade2.0 and mandrake10.1 linux as a platform for this.
>         So I m in need of some API's for Printer connection in python, so that, that API's can interact with OS and the OS will give me the dialog box of priter, like in JAVA we have Printable interface.
>         So please do the needful, Im waiting for the nice reply.
> Thanking u,
> Tushar

This is probably better directed somewhere else. ReportLab doesn't carry the
process into the printer.

There are different API's for Windows/Mac OS X/CUPS etc etc and perhaps Python
can help with a specific API. For Windows the place to ask is probably the
python-win32 mailing list. For Macs there is a python group and Bob Ippolito is
probably the person to ask. For Linux/CUPS I don't know.