[reportlab-users] reordering frames with multibuild?

Phil Ayres phil_report at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 06:00:43 EDT 2005

Hi

I have implemented a simple piece of code based on Jerome Alet's rlZope
example (very useful) which flows a list of paragraph flowables into
templates (A4/letter size) consisting of 4 frames. This works well, but is
only half the story.

The documents are to be printed and folded so that the first printed PDF
page contains the finished document pages 1,2,11,12.

Is it feasable to use a multibuild method to flow all the paragraph
flowables through the document (there are 4 frames per A4/letter page)
associating flowables to frames, and then make another pass and rearrange
the frames across different pages?

If there was a way of retrieving a list of frames with associated flowables
during the build process, could it just be a matter of rearranging the list
of frames to pages? Or am I missing a bolt?

I have searched through the archive for any similar queries, the closest was
a posting back in August 2003 entitled '2up duplex printing'. A number of
pointers were suggested but there didn't appear to be a posting confirming
any resolution. Did Christoph Devenoges manage to implement what he wanted,
and by which method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil