[reportlab-users] confused about printing a multipage table.

JP Glutting jpglutting at vqp.udl.es
Fri Apr 1 07:16:15 EST 2005

I don't have tables.pdf either. How old is that?

"test_platypus_tables.pdf" is a single page with no splitting.

Matt, what I have been doing is calculating the number of rows that I
can fit on a page (about 40, with a size 7 font, plus header), and
generating a new table on each page with subsets of the data. I just
keep the header, attach it to the appropriate number of rows, and add a
table to the set of elements in the document, and then a page break.
Repeat until you run out of rows. The drawback is that it is hard to
know how much space you have left at the end, but I just break the page
and start a new section. Not perfect, but it works, and in the end
ReportLab saves a lot more time than it takes to handle these things.

Cheers,

JP

matt wilbert wrote:

>Is there somewhere I should look for the "old tests"?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt
>

>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:28:10 +0100, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>

>>matt wilbert wrote:
>>

>>>Robin,
>>>
>>>Thanks for your response
>>>
>>>I just ran test_platypus_tables.py, but it only generated one page of
>>>tables which are not split. I also tried test_table_layout.py, but
>>>that didn't appear to split tables either.
>>>Is there some other example which might split tables?
>>>

>>>Matt
>>>

>>..... I see both test_platypus_tables.pdf and tables.pdf (the old tests). The
>>latter contains explicit and implicit splitting.
>>--
>>Robin Becker

Oficina de Qualitat	 	Tel: 973 703 103
Universitat de Lleida	   	Fax: 973 702 036

Pl. Víctor Siurana, 1
25003 Lleida