[reportlab-users] Tables and spanning

Johan Paul Glutting reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:37:46 +0200

I am having very serious trouble trying to get cells to span using the
table code in reportlab. The main problem seems to be that the code
cannot  span the cells that I am interested in. I am beginning to think
the problem is that the cell spanning screws up the indexing of the
table, so trying to span more than once in a given row creates
confusion. It also seems to try to span three columns when I ask for two.

 From what I have gathered from some posts on this list is that this
code is not really working properly. Has anyone used column spanning,
and is there any limited functionality that works ?

Failing that, it there an easy way to get back the set of column widths
calculated for a column before it is written to the PDF file? I could
use this information to create a "header" table (I am trying to get
headers that span columns...) to sit on top of the data table.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
JP