[reportlab-users] reportlab basic problem

Tim Smith reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:50:28 +1000

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:07 pm, Andy Robinson wrote:
ok i went hunting for errors and this is what i have found
"Setup text control boxes"
		ABN = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel, 0, "33 161 604 321")
		CompanyName = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel, 0, "Open Networks")
		Billto = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel, 0,)
		Hours = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel,0,)
		Rate = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel, 0,)
		Email = wx.TextCtrl(MainPanel, 0,)
*snip*

SubmitSQL(wx.Control.GetLabel(ABN), wx.Control.GetLabel(CompanyName),
                      wx.Control.GetLabel(Billto), wx.Control.GetLabel(Hours),
                      wx.Control.GetLabel(Rate), wx.Control.GetLabel(Email))

produces this error

SubmitSQL(wx.Control.GetLabel(ABN), wx.Control.GetLabel(CompanyName),
TypeError: unbound method GetLabel() must be called with wxControl instance as
first agrument (got wxTextCtrl instance instead)

this code worked under windows perfectly :\