[reportlab-users] PyOOTools now PyOpenOffice - Try it "live" on the server

Martin_Simon reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:34:22 +0200

>I've ignored this proj only because I thought that this is some Python Object
>Oriented Tools. And I wrote the same thing to convert SXW files to PDF, using
>RL. Ahahaha! :-)
>
>Please think before you name your product! Suggestions:
>
>- PySXWTools
>- PyOpenOffice
>- SXW2PDF
>- PySXW
>- PyOfficeWriter
>- OOPS :-)
>- SXW2SXW :-)
>
>But really not "PyOOTools". Besides, "OO" usually interpreted as "WC" for
>men/woman. :-)

Hey guys,
thank you very much for your lessons in the English language ;-)
When you try Google on something like "OOWriter" or "OOCalc", you will
find many of those WC's out there in the web...
Nevertheless: You convinced me. "PyOOTools" has now changed to
"PyOpenOffice" - there is something with a similar name in the CPAN for
the perl monks.
You find PyOpenOffice here: http://www.bezirksreiter.de/PyOpenOffice.htm
I also installed a sample CGI-Skript on this server where you can submit
your own SXW-Files and play with PyOpenOffice without installing it - enjoy!
Martin