[reportlab-users] PyOOTools - Process OpenOffice.org Writer Files and transform them to PDF using the ReportlabToolkit

Bogdan M. Maryniuck reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:29:02 +0300

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:17:13PM +0200, Martin_Simon wrote:
> >Unfortunately, I cannot perform a longer list of tests, but so far
> >it looks very promising as I said. I hope you will continue develop-
> >ing your tool and would suggest a name which better indicates what
> >it does, since "OO Tools" is easily confused with "object-oriented
> >tools" by many people.
>
> I will think of it. How about "PySxwTools"?

+1!

I've ignored this proj only because I thought that this is some Python Object
Oriented Tools. And I wrote the same thing to convert SXW files to PDF, using
RL. Ahahaha! :-)

Please think before you name your product! Suggestions:

- PySXWTools
- PyOpenOffice
- SXW2PDF
- PySXW
- PyOfficeWriter
- OOPS :-)
- SXW2SXW :-)

But really not "PyOOTools". Besides, "OO" usually interpreted as "WC" for
men/woman. :-)

--
暮

Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.