[reportlab-users] PyOOTools - Process OpenOffice.org Writer Files and transform them to PDF using the ReportlabToolkit

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:46:28 +0200

Martin Simon wrote:

> It contains about 1300 lines of python code and uses the
> ReportlabToolkit, the Python Imaging Library and the XML-Sax-Parser
> from the Standard Library.As far as I know there is nothing comparable
> in Python yet. I would ask you for testing and bug reports.

Hi Martin,

I did a short test with only few modifications to your test.sxw file.
It looks very promising, although the spacing around the individual
"flowables" seems to still differ between the results of the Open-
Office PDF-export function and the RL-based one. Also, I can see
issues with hyphenation, like blanks used in your output for "in-
ternal" hyphens...

Unfortunately, I cannot perform a longer list of tests, but so far
it looks very promising as I said. I hope you will continue develop-
ing your tool and would suggest a name which better indicates what
it does, since "OO Tools" is easily confused with "object-oriented
tools" by many people.

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to