[reportlab-users] PyOOTools - Process OpenOffice.org Writer Files and transform them to PDF using the ReportlabToolkit

Simon reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:23:56 +0200

I just released an alpha version of a python class library:

PyOOTools - Process OpenOffice.org Writer Files and transform them to
PDF without installing OpenOffice.org
=>
     *  Make serial letters and reports from templates in the SXW-Format
and store them anew as SXW-Files
     * Extract the pure text information from the SXW-Document and store
it in a plain text file or a PDF-File
     * Perform simple transformations from SXW-Files to PDF-Files
without installing OO - for example on a webserver

It contains about 1300 lines of python code and uses the
ReportlabToolkit, the Python Imaging Library and the XML-Sax-Parser from
the Standard Library.As far as I know there is nothing comparable in
Python yet. I would ask you for testing and bug reports.

The library is found here:
http://www.bezirksreiter.de/PyOOTools.htm

Thanks and greetings,
Martin Simon