[reportlab-users] platypus and time consuming table flowable

Thomas Zehbe reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:51:30 +0200

Hi Jonny,
Thanks for your hint! LongTable did the job, after I found it. Now the=20
response time is absolutely acceptable even without splitting the single=20
table.
Regards
Thomas

Am Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2004 18:23 schrieb jpywtora@calpoly.edu:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 02:57 am, Thomas Zehbe wrote:
> > IMHO this problem should be linear in the time domain with constant time
> > consumption per table line. So I believe that I=B4m doing something wro=
ng.
> > But what? Any hints or ideas would be apreciated.
> > Thanks
>
> It looks like you use one Table?  You might want to try the flowable
> LargeTable.  Also, I had a situation were if the table was larger than the
> page, my cpu, and time usage grew as you describe.  I ended up breaking
> that single table into multiples.  This may, or may not still be an issue
> with newer versions of reportlab.
> Johnny P

=2D-=20
Thomas Zehbe