[reportlab-users] RE: Tables and spanning

Henning von Bargen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:03:15 +0200

> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:31:31 +0200
> From: Johan Paul Glutting <jpglutting@vqp.udl.es>
> To: reportlab-users@reportlab.com
> Subject: Re: [reportlab-users] Tables and spanning
>
> (if someone has a copy of "longtables.py", I would appreciate a copy
> - it will save me the trouble of re-formating the one from the web archive
> of the mailing list).

My patch for faster formatting of long tables is contained in the
1.19 distribution. The class LongTable is contained in tables.py.
Just use LongTable instead of Table, and the rendering uses
another algorithm..
However, you have to supply the column sizes
(LongTable probably won't work with auto-determining sizes).
HTH
Henning von Bargen