[reportlab-users] RE: Emailing Corrupting reportlab PDFs

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 13:02:37 +0300

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:52:23AM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
> ..... We have had an explicit piece of 8'bit stuff in a comment in line=
=20
> 2 of every PDF we produce. Unfortunately that may not be enough to=20
> inform outlook that this should be treated as binary. Mike tells me it=20
> may be a statistical approach that's used by outlook. Certainly page=20
> compression makes PDF look more 'binary', but who can guess what=20
> M$oftware does.

Wouldn't Python's smtplib and email modules solve the problem?  You can
send correctly MIME-encoded email directly instead of scripting Outlook.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc--