[reportlab-users] Corrupt Emailed PDFs ... any resolution

John Pywtorak reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:59:13 -0700

We regularly send out 2000+ emails with rl attached pdf's.  From time to time
some of the students report that the pdf is corrupt.  Strangely if I send it
again it is fine, no change in code.  Additionally if I ask them to try
another client the pdf is fine.  I have been trying for months to see if I
can isolate a case where this happens.  It always ends up being their client,
or network snafu, un-repeatable to date.  The only fact that has been
repetitious is on each mailing to students at least one student will say the
attachment is corrupt.  If I isolate a repeatable case I will gladly report
it.

Here is the the message MIME structure we use
multipart/mixed
- attach text/plain quotable-printable body_text
- attach application/pdf base64 encoded pdf

and use ...
open(file, "rb") even though I am running on Linux.

Johnny P