[reportlab-users] Re: Large tables - exponentially increasing

Henning von Bargen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 13:12:04 +0200

Craig Ringer wrote:

>The main thing that confuses me is why the Table instance being split
> creates an entire new Table instance rather than trimming data (and
styles, etc)
> off its self and returning [R0, self].
> I presume it comes down to the readability and maintainability issues
> mentioned above.

Basically I did it that way because it was so in the original split routine
and because I wanted to avoid potential side effects, in other words:
I just wasn't sure if it is safe to modify the Table instance in place:
What would happen if I needed forward references
and thus had to call the multi-build routine?
(I am using multi-build in my application).

Henning