[reportlab-users] Is the graphics package slow?

Sebastien Lemieux reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:15:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  I'm currently considering reportlab to generate nice looking png
graphics to be displayed on dynamic web pages (using Webware).  A typical
graphic is a scatter plot containing around 1000 data points.  A short
test with reportlab (included below) seems to indicate that the generation
time for such graphic is around 1 second (PIII-1.3GHz), which is several
times slower than my current solution (biggles).

  I'd like to know if I'm doing something obviously wrong in my code and
if any of you see a way to accelerate the process?

Thanks in advance,

----------
from reportlab.graphics.shapes import *
from reportlab.graphics import renderPM