[reportlab-users] convert html to pdf

Dirk Holtwick reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:26:33 +0100

>>How do you do the Wysiwyg text area?  I have seen ActiveX controls
>>which do this, but did not know there was a cross-platform way to
>>do it...
> Not sure which one the spirito site is using, but there is a big list of
> WYSIWYG html editors at http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/ttw/ttw.html.
>
> Many only work on Win/IE, but there are a few there that work on Mozilla and
> are cross platform, and of these most are open-source.

The WYSIWYG editor is done by a feature that Windows IE and Mozilla
offer as described by Rasjid. It works very good and we use this kind of
editor for about 3 years now.

This special WYSIWYG editor is part of our DADO Application Server wich
is written in Python. You get more information of our product on this page:

	http://dado.by.spirito.de/en/index.html

As you have seen in the WYSIWYG demo for the PDF generation our
application server is able to generate PDF on the fly by using the
reportlab tools.

Yours Dirk

spirito GmbH
Dirk Holtwick (CEO)