[reportlab-users] Text flow around image

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:00:18 +0100

Hi,
   I don't know ParagraphAndImage but I think is something similar Illust=
ration.
The solution with smaller frames could be afforded whe image width is the=

same or multiple of column width, what to do when image is smaller? More
frames of course but is really difficult.

One more questio related to this problem: I switch to next "Article" usin=
<nextFrame /> tag but what if I wrote less text and next frame is still
in the previous article?
Is it possible to specify which is the next frame? That could help a lot.=

Bye
Francesco

We can't wrap around objects yet properly

If you know the image position, make several smaller frames
which don
>t overlap with it (wide one above (1), narrow one next
to it (2), wide one below it (3) like this.

 1111111111111111111111
 1111111111111111111111
 1111111111111111111111
 imageimage 22222222222
 imageimage 22222222222
 imageimage 22222222222

> imageimage 22222222222
 3333333333333333333333
 3333333333333333333333
 3333333333333333333333

I realize this is a pain in the a***.  Another slightly
easier hack is to use the 'ParagraphAndImage' flowable
Robin mentioned, but you still need t
> do some work to
set up your story properly.

- Andy