[reportlab-users] pythonpoint and japanese

Manic Miner reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 02:04:50 -0600 (MDT)

 Hi everyone,
While reportlab seems to handle just fine a lot of ttf fonts and encodings,
including UTF-8, I can't for the life of me persuade it to generate something in
Japanese or Chinese. Everything works just fine for Russian, Greek, Hebrew, all
Latin encodings, yet when it comes to Asian fonts, it either generates just some
empty squares instead of letters, or gives an error when importing the ttf file
(eg. pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Gothic','msgothic.ttf')) ):
  File "d:\devel\python\reportlab\pdfbase\ttfonts.py", line 489, in extractInfo
    raise TTFError, "Could not find PostScript font name"
I have tried maybe 40 fonts by now (MS Mincho, Gothic, Arial-uni, Code2001,
Dameji...) with no luck.. so any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com