[reportlab-users] RE: Emailing Corrupting reportlab PDFs

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 19:58:08 -0700

> John Pywtorak wrote:
> >
> > Here is how I do it, which works 99% of the time.
>
> What happens hte other 1% of the time? :-S
>
> Chris

Well, so far it has all been user error when students call and say they can't
open the pdf.  I reported earlier to the list that I do get emails from students
suggesting that the file is corrupt.  I have yet to isolate a distinct case, but
everytime we do a batch of several thousand emails there is always less than a
dozen reports of corrupt attachments (the pdf generated using reportlab).  This
is something we do every other month and just started this year, so I don't have
alot of historical data.

So, I felt uncomfortable saying it works 100% of the time.  Thanks for asking.

Johnny P