[reportlab-users] How to make smaller PDF?

Craig Ringer reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:40:40 +0800

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 15:34, Bogdan M. Maryniuck wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 03:02:01PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > If you have Adobe Acrobat 6, you might want to run its space usage
> > report over the file and find out what's taking up all the space. It's
> > not too detailed, but can be very helpful.
>
> No Acrobat 6 for Linux yet, but my friend near me with Windows2000 has it.
> Though we didn't find such "space usage report" tool. How to run it? ;-)
> Is it some plug-in or so?

I guess it could be - I have PitStop installed, and have never used
Acrobat 6 without it. Nonetheless, I am under the impression that if
it's a plug-in it's one that ships with Acrobat.

Advanced -> PDF Optimise

and in the resulting dialog, click on the "Audit Space Usage" button.

BTW, I was able to crash the Acrobat 6 Demo I was testing earlier by
trying to preflight the ReportLab font sample documents. I'll try the
final version to see if it still happens and let you folks know.

--
Craig Ringer