[reportlab-users] How to make smaller PDF?

Bogdan M. Maryniuck reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:48:21 +0300

Hello.

I had generated PDF which contains ~1600 A4 pages. Its size is about ~100Mb.
Usually, documentation from the Oracle with the same count of pages
approximately takes up to 7-10Mb only. And, ironically, Oracle's PDF contains
images, graphics and so on, but mine only a table grids. Well, I have to
tell that I use Unicode TTF fonts support.

Can anybody explain me this? Maybe there is some compression ability, but I
just never use it? Or this is TTF support doing this?

For example, single page PDF takes approximately from ~50 up to ~80Kb.

--
暮

Win32-API is wonderful : Full of things to wonder about...