[reportlab-users] Table rendering with HTML colspan and rowspan

Bogdan M. Maryniuck reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:38:16 +0300

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:10:24PM +0200, Dirk Holtwick wrote:
> I think you are talking about something we have already developed. It's
> our product called "pisa". I attached a simple example with source and
> result.
>
> Get more informations on http://pisa.by.spirito.de (older demonstration)
> or http://www.spirito.de

Nice! I think you do it in this way:
 1. First, you calculate hspans/vspans.
 2. Then you do nested tables.

I didn't see the other way how it might work with current implementation
of ReportLab library... On the other hand, I am talking about col/row
-span at ReportLab level, but "Pisa" seems like doing it at PML level.
At least this is good workaround yet ReportLab grid tables does not
support such feature.

When you OpenSource your "Pisa" to at least to see the code inside? :-)

--
暮

> I'm not sure what makes a given poem 'modern'...

Well, one characteristic sometimes found is... to put it politely...
creative typography.  Very creative typography.
	-- Henry Spencer on the chores of typesetting modern poetry