[reportlab-users] Re: print "page <Page> of <PageCount> pages"

Luc Saffre reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:05:24 +0100

Henning,
danke für deine Antwort.

On 04.01.2004 16:42, Henning von Bargen wrote:

> AFAIK there are several ways to achieve this.
> I have written my own DocTemplate class where this works very well (but it
> requires two build() passes).
> I haven't got the source code here, but could send it to you next week if
> you like.

Yes, I would like.  My project doesn't depend on one week.

> An example of how to do this correctly (or better:
> a document with a page header containing the current chapter title and "page
> n of m")
> would be a very helpful part of the documentation.
>
> By the way, I think this could be very simple if only one could use platypus
> objects for page headers and footers.

Here is an example of what I did so far:
http://lino.sourceforge.net/pds/20030413-header.pds

Luc